Tuesday 21 January 2014

Hasslacher's Chocolate and China Clay Face Mask

Liam seriously did well this year with my Christmas presents.  Everything was so thoughtful!  Another one of his gifts was this Hasslacher's Chocolate and China Clay Face Mask.  I've never done a DIY face mask with ingredients in the home, and the only face masks I've tried have been premade in tubs or tubes.  This one is so unusual and is just in the middle of home made and made for you!


I was a bit sceptical at first, because this is literally a kitchen face mask.  Normally, like most people, I put my face masks on in the bathroom.  I had to arm myself with a small mirror, and crack out the cooking pans for this.  Yes, you read that right...pans.

The packet holds enough ingredients to make four face masks.  In this little packet, there is a white powder which is the Cornish Kaolin clay, and in the powder, is a little plastic bag of eight Cacao discs.  You need two of these chocolate discs for each application, and four tablespoons of clay.


It felt pretty unnatural using chocolate in cooking that wasn't meant for eating, but the ingredients in this little pouch are amazing for your skin.  The back of the packet says that the clay is formed from Cornish weathered granite rock which has been geologically extracted and purified.  "Cornish China clay gently draws out impurities from the skin without removing natural oils, simultaneously exfoliating, cleansing and revitalising the complexion."  Sounds good, doesn't it?  Well it doesn't stop there...

The Cacao discs are ground Cacao beans, which still have some cocoa butter remaining.  "Cacao contains high levels of flavonoids, potent antioxidants which help protect the skins structural proteins, collagen and elastin."  Cocoa butter is also soothing and softening on the skin.  Amazing - get on my face.


It didn't take long at all to make the mask - four tablespoons of water, one of clay, two discs and some gentle heating.  You need to apply the mask whilst it's still warm, but be careful getting it from the pan.  I waited a couple of minutes, and it had cooled quite quickly.  I applied it quite thickly to my skin, and still had a little left over.  It says on the packet you can thin this out to your liking by adding a little more water, so I think if you were having a girly pamper evening, you could maybe get two out of the supposed one face mask.


I completely love this face mask.  At £6.99, it's not too pricey and I would definitely buy this again.  It smells amazing, literally like cake mix on my face and I need to eat it - I didn't.  But maybe one day...  My skin was amazingly soft, and kind of glowy afterwards.  My skin looked clear, but not dried up and too deeply cleansed.  I'd definitely recommend you guys giving this a go.  Liam bought mine from Firebox but you can also buy direct from Hasslachers where they have a few more face masks.  I'm eyeing up the Sea and Rock Organic Seaweed face mask!

Have you tried Hasslachers face masks?  What's your favourite face mask?

No comments:

Post a Comment