Friday 6 September 2013

Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder

This week I was lucky enough to have this treat drop through my letter box after winning it on a Twitter competition!  But even though this one was a prize, I would one hundred percent buy this again as I absolutely love it.


It is the new Bourjois Java Rice Powder*, and it has been released in celebration of Bourjois' 150th Anniversary!  This was actually their first international best seller, and having used it, I can definitely see why!  It's housed in the cutest vintage style packaging which has been inspired by the original design from 1879.



The lid screws on and off, and the product dispenses through one of those rotating halves so that you can stop the packaging getting covered in the powder.  I did find the protective seal quite  hard to grab and remove, so I had to grab the tweezers to pull it away!



I didn't really know what to expect from this powder when I received it.  It's described as an illuminating powder, so I honestly did think that it would be a unique powder to sweep everywhere but it's definitely a highlighter.  It's a beautiful pinky toned, translucent powder that has a very subtle shimmer once blended in.  If you see the dots that have been left on the protective sticker, you can really see the colour of the powder!  It's so pretty!


I've tried to pat this on my skin a bit more than I would normally so that you can all see what it looks like, but it blends in flawlessly and gives a really radiant glow to the skin.  I apply it using my Real Techniques Contouring brush as it fits so nicely into the pot, and is the perfect size for applying just the right amount of the powder along the top of my cheek bones.

One of my favourite things about this powder too is the smell!  It smells amazing - if you follow me on Twitter, this was the first thing that I mentioned.  It has that vintage talc, floral scent to it that I keep getting hints of through out the day, and it's a real pleasure to wear!  It smells similar to their pot blushes, but I think it's a lot more prominent and distinctive.  I couldn't recommend this powder enough!  It will last forever, and I would definitely buy it when this one runs out!

Will you be picking up the Bourjois Java Powder?  What are your thoughts if you already have?

*I received this product from Bourjois after winning a Twitter competition.  All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment