Friday 18 July 2014

Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo

What a good week I'm having.  You might have seen on Twitter I've been holiday stressing, and moaning a lot about shoes, but despite all of that I've had a very lucky week - I won some bits from the new Bourjois Summer release!  I'm so happy, because I actually go on holiday on Saturday (argh!!) and I now have some nice little Summer treats to pack away in my make up bag.

The first thing I tried from the new collection was the much talked about Bronzing Powder & Highlighter duo!  It comes packaged in the same style packaging as the original Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer, which is a small, but sturdy, cardboard book with a secret magnetic seal to keep the powder protected.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo Review Swatches

Inside is a matte bronzer, and a shimmering ivory highlight with hints of pink and gold, which reminds me of a bolder version of the Java Rice Powder.  They've kept the classic chocolate block shapes, and of course, the scent is just amazing.  Sniffing the product was actually the first thing I did, because I love Bourjois scents!  This one smells sickly sweet, like chocolate, but doesn't linger once it has been applied.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo Review Swatches
  Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo Review Swatches

The matte bronzer is really warm, so I think it'll work best with a tan.  I'm averagely pale at the moment, so I've had to apply with a light hand so that I don't go overboard, and just a hint of colour and contour is there.  I've found it to be really natural though without a tan, and because it's matte, it does a great job at making your skin look naturally sunkissed, but can't wait to see what it will look like when I have a bit of a glow going on.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo Review Swatches

The highlight shade is also really nice.  I think I'll get lots of use from this regardless of a tan, because it's really flattering.  It is quite shimmery, but it blends out really nicely for a nice radiant glow which compliments  and contrasts against the matte bronzer, so you can get some real shape to your face with some contouring!

Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo Review Swatches

I applied the bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, a little around my temples and hair line, a little on my jaw lines and also a touch down the sides of my nose.  I then applied the highlight down the centre of my nose, and on the tops of my cheekbones.  Wear time is actually really good, and has lasted me throughout a long, hot day at work!  I'll have to report back how it wears on holiday!

I'll be popping up reviews of the rest of the products throughout the weekend and next week!  Stay tuned!

What will you be picking up from the Bourjois Summer collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment