Tuesday 15 July 2014

Night Time Treats: On My Bedside Table

I don't know about you, but the weather at the moment is playing havoc with my skin.  One minute it's cloudy and cold, the next I'm disgustingly hot - I can't win!  My skin is misbehaving as usual, and can't make up it's mind whether it wants to be dry or just normal, so I've switched up my bedside routine a bit, and stocked some beauty bits to keep in easy reach!

Evening Beauty Skincare Routine

I've spoken of my love for this balm before here; it's so easy to use, smells nice and fresh and is perfect for keeping your nails and cuticles looking and feeling healthy.  Regardless of what the weather is like, this is a must-have for my night stand.  I need to keep it in easy reach, so I actually remember to use it!

Champneys Overnight Hand Therapy
This is reserved for when my hands are super dry, which more often than not in the evening, they definitely are.  I got this for Christmas from Liam's parents, and I actually really like it.  It's rich, but absorbs quickly and has the calming, relaxing scent of lavender so it's perfect for bed time.  It comes with gloves to wear overnight for a really intense treatment, but I only use those in Winter for when my hands really need some healing.

Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Deep Moisture Body Milk
I get the feeling that this is more of a morning moisturiser, but I love it for bed time.  It's light, absorbs quickly and smells absolutely amazing.  It's scented with oats, and almonds, and I swear I smell like the most delicious flapjack when I'm all milked up.  I use this straight out of the shower, on slightly damp skin so that it really sinks in!

Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter
My legs, shins in partcular, sometimes get really, really dry when I come out of the shower.  My shins feel really itchy, and after I've had a shave, sometimes it's really irritating.  I like to use something really rich to put some balance and normality back into my skin, so Soap and Glory's Righteous Butter is cracked out.  It's really thick, intense and really moisturising.  It takes a little longer to sink in compared to the Body Milk, but it's a good 'un and smells just like Soap and Glory's Hand Food!

Burts Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm
A lip balm is a must on my night stand, and I like to put it on right before I go to sleep to keep my lips nourished overnight.  At the moment, the lip balm I'm using is Burts Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm.  It's light, but feels really  moisturising, and my lips always feel perfect in the morning.

What's currently on your nightstand?

No comments:

Post a Comment