Monday 9 March 2015

LUSH Jason and the Argan Oil Shampoo Bar

When I got the Jason and the Argan Oil Shampoo Bar for Christmas, I really wasn't expecting that much.  I'd never heard of a shampoo bar before, and the closest I've been to trying one was when I went for a Turkish Bath whilst on holiday in Turkey where I got brutally scrubbed with a bar of Olive Oil soap all over my sunburnt scalp before being drenched with a bucket of cold water after being steaming away in a steam room.  Ah memories.

LUSH Jason and the Argan Oil Shampoo Bar Review

All this aside...this shampoo bar was actually amazing, and you really do get your moneys worth with this LUSH product - you supposedly get eighty uses from one bar!  I've used mine so many times now I've lost count, and the bar still seems to be in pretty decent shape and seems to have a lot of life left in it.  Jason (for short) smells like the Rose Jam shower gel, but I don't find that the scent lingers in my hair unfortunately.  Also, I really wasn't expecting it, but for a solid shampoo this gives off the most amazing lather ever.

I have quite fine hair which tends to be lacking in any body whatsoever without a big of help, and found that using this alongside a separate conditioner really weighed down my hair.  Used on its own though, my hair looks super shiny, really healthy and even had a natural bounce whilst still feeling pretty soft.  I did notice that it really brought out the red tones in my hair, which I also quite like!  When ever I manage to finish this one, I'll definitely repurchase another along with a little storage tin - I currently use the bag I got it in to keep it safe, but a tin would be much better and would be perfect for taking this little guy on trips away!

I've already got my eye on the next shampoo bar I'd like to try - Montalbano, which was recommended to me to help keep product build up at bay.  I'm a regular user of dry shampoo, so it's something I'm always worried will be sitting on my scalp.  In fact, all of the shampoo bars on the LUSH website look to have incredible reviews of all of the bars so I think your best bet if you want to try them is to nip in store and see which is the one for you!

Have you tried a LUSH Shampoo Bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment