Wednesday 25 March 2015

The NARS Yu Dupe

It's not often that I come across dupes in my stash.  I'm usually quite good when buying make up and stick to buying things that are different to what I have already.  But whilst browsing my collection of pinks, I happened to stumble across a very good dupe for the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in the shade Yu - and you will be pleased to know that it costs just £7.99.

NARS Yu Dupe Swatches Review

I actually said in my post on the Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret that I didn't own anything similar to Yu.  Turns out that was a big fat (unintentional, might I add) lie as my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Lovesick is pretty identical in colour.  The Revlon Balm Stains are one of my favourite lip crayons, and I have pretty much the entire original release.  They're comfortable to wear on the lips, are moisturising, not sticky, buildable in colour and when the balm feeling fades, you are left with a great stain.  I remember being quite shocked at how good the pigmentation was in a balm stain, and Lovesick is no exception.

NARS Yu Dupe Swatches Review

On the left is Lovesick; the Revlon offering is a bright fuschia pink which, because it applies like a balm, is slightly glossy with a slight sheerness to it.  It's still packing some pigment, but isn't quite as opaque in one swipe as Yu.  That said, I think you can layer up to get a decent colour intensity.  To the right, we have Yu.  Yu is opaque in one swipe, and is also a very bright fuschia pink.  Yu isn't as glossy as Lovesick as it has a satin finish, but I don't find it to be as comfortable to wear as the Revlon alternative.

NARS Yu Dupe Swatches Review

In the photo above, Lovesick is on the left again and Yu is on the right.  As you can see, they are very similar in colour - Yu just has a touch more opacity which makes for a slightly bolder lip.  But, the photograph below, I'm wearing Lovesick on my top lip and Yu on my bottom - I honestly don't think I can tell the difference wearing it together!

NARS Yu Dupe Swatches Review

I'm quite into getting my moneys worth, so I think if I ever lost both of these, I'd be buying Lovesick in a heartbeat.  Whilst I love my NARS lip pencil, spending £19.00 on something I could get which is nearly identical for just £7.99 just seems silly.  Especially with how much I love the Revlon Balm Stains!

Have you found any dupes in your stash?

No comments:

Post a Comment