Friday 16 January 2015

December Empties: Make Up

I'm still going strong with my almighty pile of empties.  I have definitely learnt that I do not need to fill the box I set aside for empties...  Today I'm back with the make up empties, and there really isn't that much variety going on as it's either a mascara or a lip balm.


I'll start with the mascaras.  This isn't my first tube of The Body Shop's Super Volume Mascara.  I've never actually bought one for myself but always end up with one as a present at some point or another.  I don't think it's a "super volume" mascara to start with, but it does give some real length to my lashes.  I loved wearing this on a daily basis, and I probably would buy it again just as a daily no fuss mascara.  The Body Shop always have offers on, so it's unlikely you would ever pay full price for it.

The Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara is one I'm actually gutted about, obviously because I can't get hold of it again now.  It's been finished for absolutely forever as I got it in my USA Beauty Box swap with Hannah last year, but it just sat at the back of my make up drawer!  The mascara was amazing at lengthening, separating and giving volumised lashes.  It was super easy to build up, and I would one hundred percent buy another one if I could.  BUT, I noticed that the Clump Crusher was in exactly the same packaging as my next empty from Maxfactor, which lead me to find out Covergirl and Maxfactor are owned by the same company (P&G) and we have a Clump Crusher version in the form of Maxfactors Clump Defy mascara.  I found a blog post on Unfade What Fades comparing the two wands and they're identical - I will definitely be picking up the Maxfactor Clump Defy as my replacement as I think that this might be my favourite mascara ever?

The Maxfactor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara is actually another repurchase.  I still stand by what I said in my first ever review in that it is totally crap at actually being waterproof in terms of wearing it lounging by the pool on holiday, but I do like the mascara for day to day use.  I think I favour a plastic wand as they comb through the lashes so much nicer in my opinion and give some real length, and this mascara is no exception to that.  I'd would probably buy it again, but Clump Defy does come in a water resistant version so I will probably buy that instead.  I do love a Maxfactor mascara though...

The final things are both lip balms, both by Burts Bees.  I've had so many lip balms from Burts Bees.  This is the first Mango flavour I've had, and maybe my third of the original Beeswax lip balm?  I didn't really like the Mango one - I really thought I would, but it's just too sickly for me and I could taste the sickliness when I breathed in through my mouth.  The Mango lip balm is sold as a nourishing lip balm, but I didn't notice anything spectacular in terms of nourishment.  I had to apply this quite frequently.  The Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm is peppermint flavoured and is a favourite of mine - I really like breathing in the freshness, and the mint kind of makes your lips feel cool.  I find this one to be much more hydrating and nourishing than the Mango.  I already have a fourth Peppermint one ready to go, but I'm actually just finishing up a couple of other lip balms before I open that one.

Have you tried any of these empties?

No comments:

Post a Comment