Tuesday 19 November 2013

Illamasqua Apocalips

So this week I've been Christmas shopping...only I ended up buying myself  present.  You may have seen on one of my Wednesday Wishlists that I was eyeing up a certain Illamasqua lipstick, and well...I bought it.  I'm not even sorry!

I bought the shade Apocalips and I was a bit unsure about the colour, as you would expect, because it is nothing like any shade that I already own.  In fact, I don't know anyone else with a shade similar to this.  It is a gorgeous deep teal with a matte finish.  I've read reviews on Apocalips and I was a bit worried that the matte finish would be too drying, because I'd heard it drags on application and lips needed to be well prepared.


I was so surprised!  The lipstick applied amazingly well, and was very well pigmented.  I did a few swipes to ensure a total opaque finish, and I was so impressed.  I was too excited to try this when I got it, so didn't prepare my lips at all - they're averagely dry, but I thought that it applied really nicely!  It didn't cling to my dry areas, and I was left with a beautifully smooth, even colour application.  Because of the matte finish, this colour on your lips is going nowhere!


I can't tell you all enough how pleased I am that I bought this.  I am so happy with it, and I think that it is such an easy colour to wear.  It is an unusual colour and I do think that it will take other people to get used to me wearing the shade, but I don't think that it looks odd or an unflattering colour at all.  Apocalips came from the Human Fundamentalism collection released in 2012, and Illamasqua said that "Human Fundamentalism is an explosion of your alter ego.  It's becoming who you are and not who you're told to be" and I couldn't agree more!  If you want to try it, you can buy it here on the Illamasqua website!
What do you think of Apocalips?  Will you be trying it?

No comments:

Post a Comment