Friday 28 February 2014

Kéraskin Serum 4C Yeux

Way back before Christmas, you may remember me posting about some beauty bargains that I managed to bag myself on the Urban Retreat Christmas Quest.  The first one I blogged about was the Laura Mercier gift set which I loved, and the treat I am going to talk about today is the Kéraskin Serum 4C Yeux.


Kéraskin is a brand I had heard of as it is a branch of the Kérastase line, but never really bothered researching into or bothering to look at their products as they are just too far out of my price range.  This eye serum costs £65, which as you get 10mls of product, works out at £6.50 per ml...one milliliter for £6.50 is just insane.  Luckily for me, I managed to get this for just 2p.  Hurray for bargains!

Kéraskin Serum 4C Yeux Review

The packaging is a long cylindrical tube which I thought was really nice, and the clear base with the orange is actually a pump.  This keeps the ingredients separated until your first use, after which it is all mixed together and you have three weeks to use it as it has live ingredients.

Kéraskin Serum 4C Yeux Review

I was really surprised to see that there was such a short time that I had to use it for maximum effectiveness; if this became a staple in my skincare routine, this would cost me £65 every three weeks, which would work out at over £1100 a year on buying this serum.  If I was rich, this obviously wouldn't be a problem for me but this wasn't a product that I was at all impressed with.

The product itself was a milky orange colour, and was quite runny so I found it a little hard to control the amount of product that came out of the pump and keep to the recommended amount of product (two drops per eye contour).  Despite this, I really liked the consistency as it absorbed really quickly into the skin and felt really light and refreshing.  My skin felt smooth, nourished and moisturised, but no more so than my more standard eye creams.

Kéraskin Serum 4C Yeux Review

I was really nervous about trying this in case I loved it and would be gutted that I couldn't buy anymore, but in all honesty I just didn't notice any difference to my eye area.  And for the price, I would definitely expect to notice some changes.  I think this must be a product for people who have really dark under eye circles, so that you really can see the difference, but I think mine must have just been normal as I didn't notice any lightening or brightening.  Especially not for £65.  I keep repeating the price, but I just can't get over it, sorry!

Even though it felt nice on application, I'm really disappointed that this didn't work out for me, as I really did have high hopes for some serious eye miracles, but then again, I probably wasn't the target market for this kind of product!

Would you try this eye cream?  What's your favourite eye cream?

1 comment: