Wednesday 13 August 2014

L'Occitane Extra Gentle Shea Butter Lotion For Hands & Body

I've never bought anything from L'Occitane before - I technically still haven't.  The L'Occitane Extra Gentle Lotion For Hands & Body is a moisturiser that sits on the sink in the bathroom where I work, and it's something I'm secretly starting to love!

L'Occitane Extra Gentle Shea Butter Lotion For Hands & Body Review

It's a Shea Butter lotion, but I don't think it smells like other Shea Butters I've tried.  I think this one stands out to be a touch more perfumed, yet really fresh!  If I had this at home, I'd be cracking it out after hopping out the shower in the morning, because it smells amazing - so clean!  When I use it at work, the scent is a real pick me up and lasts quite a while before disappearing.

The consistency is a lot more fluid compared to most of my other moisturisers.  It comes out of the pump really easily - thumbs up for the pump application - and a little does go a long way .  Last week, I had a random bout of dry skin across my legs and forearms, to the point that they looked a little scaley despite not feeling particularly dry - I massaged a pump of this on each limb and any dryness was instantly eradicated!  Everytime I have used this lotion, it always leaves my skin feeling perfectly moisturised and refreshed.  As well as shea butter, L'Occitane have also used honey extract and oat milk to really help soften and smooth your skin, as well as discourage any skin irritations.

L'Occitane Extra Gentle Shea Butter Lotion For Hands & Body Review Ingredients

The lotion absorbs into the skin really quickly, which is ideal for me.  I'm really not a fan of using a hand cream at work in case it leaves a residue - I hate drawing and using my tablet at work with sticky hands!  I always feel dirty if there is any stickiness, because I feel as though dirt sticks to the stickiness of my hand cream...anyone else think like that, or is this just crazy, clean Carly coming through??  (This hand cream also is described on the back of the bottle to help the effects of dryness from excessive washing...my dream!?)

At £17.00 for 300ml, it's not the cheapest moisturiser you could buy, but it really is a treat for the skin!  I'll definitely be picking myself up a bottle, and will be checking out what else L'Occitane have to offer.  Before this, they weren't a brand I've ever ventured into, but I've been left seriously impressed!

Have you tried anything from L'Occitane?  What are your recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment