Friday 4 October 2013

The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover

This is The Body Shop's Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover*.  I have to admit here and now that I've never really bought into the whole make up remover thing - I usually just wash my face properly with face wash in the bath or shower, and prior to me becoming quite into my skincare routine, I just used face wipes - I know, I don't anymore and they're now banned!


The only eye make up remover I bought before this was the Simple one - it was okay but I was never really taken with it so I didn't get used very much, so I'll say now I didn't have high hopes.  But oh my god, wow.  This is one of those cleansers where you have to shake it to wake it, you can see below that it's a layered solution; one is an oily liquid, and the other is a watery one.  Once shaken, it turns into a milky mixture which is just perfect.


The cap is the only downside - I find it quite difficult to actually get the product out compared to other liquid cleansers that kind of just soak onto the cotton wool.   I think it's because of just how small the hole is in the cap, but I can get by!  I'd still buy this again.


To test the make up, I used my brightest red lip which usually leaves a stain behind, and my Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara, teamed with a Body Shop one as well for maximum mascara layers seeing as the only waterproof mascara that I own is my other Maxfactor False Lash effect mascara, which as I said in my previous review here, isn't waterproof.

I was pleasantly surprised.  My lipstick was removed easily, and no red lip was left behind!  I had no staining, and was left with my natural lip colour.  Removing mascara required a little more effort as expected, but just holding the soaked cotton pad over the eyelids for a few seconds allowed for a gentle and effective removal!  I was expecting to have some sort of oily residue left behind, but I couldn't notice anything dramatic, just clean, make up free skin.



So all in all, like the Camomile Cleansing Butter, I love this product and would definitely buy it again.  At £8, it is more expensive than I would normally pay, but as I'm researching more into skin care, I am starting to be willing to pay that little bit extra as you really do get what you pay for.  This is just perfect; simple, effective and will last a while too thanks to the product control from the small cap!

What are you favourite make up removers?  Will you be trying this?
*I received this Eye & Lip Make Up Remover from The Body Shop after winning a Twitter competition

No comments:

Post a Comment